The NUW Alliance comprises four leading Australian research-intensive universities – the University of Newcastle, UNSW, the University of Wollongong and Western Sydney University.
The mission of the NUW Alliance is to seek out the big collaborations that make a difference, collaborations that unlock new value, impact and benefit for our communities across NSW.
The NUW Alliance’s four partner universities continue to build on their local and global reputations as leaders in research and student experience. Our Universities have a proud history of achievement that has led to strong outcomes in international university rankings. Together and as individuals, we are among the world's best.
The NUW Alliance spans a geographic area home to more than 75% of NSW’s population and 25% of Australia’s. The size and scale of our Alliance has not been seen before in Australia – 194,000 students plus 14,500 staff, working across 37 locations including 15 innovation hubs and driving $850 million in research funding.
How we make a difference
The NUW Alliance is focused on leveraging its critical mass to deliver opportunity and impact beyond the reach of individual institutions. More diverse, multi-disciplinary teams will build on the world leading research capabilities of the NUW Alliance universities, and more focused teaching outcomes will produce the graduates that industry needs. The NUW Alliance is committed to working in new and different ways that support innovation and deliver economic growth and social benefit in NSW and beyond.
Our Strategic Priorities
The NUW Alliance is guided by our strategic priorities to:
- Deliver impact for NSW by focusing our efforts on the challenges faced by the state;
- Actively pursue and execute opportunities for collaboration that a single Alliance partner cannot pursue alone;
- Enable collaboration for the Alliance by building and strengthening frameworks between our partners that encourage, foster, embed and celebrate collaboration;
- Remove barriers to collaboration faced by our partners and potential partners in industry, government and the community by establishing a framework for access;
- Prioritise collaborations that contribute to excellence in research, teaching and the student experience; and
- Ensure our collaborations are underpinned by the sustainable development goals.